16 February 2017

The Other Shore



Oh, I tried my best
To leave behind those worries
Before leaving the other shore.
But as I sail these doldrums,
The jarring silence has awakened
Those worries I thought were left behind.

Colour and mayhem I chose,
With little thought,
To drown my waking moments.
But carried my own
Dark and gloomy thundercloud
To drench me in my sorrow.

Oh, I tried my best
To forget all those faces
Before leaving the other shore.
But after weeks of loneliness,
I can't sleep without reliving
The ghosts of how they were.

Wish this new night will end,
With a soft breeze that picks up
And rages till the heavens upend.
How I wish this boat of mine
Never sees the other shore.

How far am I from there,
How far am I from home?

Oh, I tried my best
To leave it all behind
Before departing for this other shore.
But as these seas get rough,
And lightning strikes,
I can't see this voyage through
Without longing for that other shore.

No comments: